Cavalier King Charles Spaniel allergies
The secret is out. The world has finally discovered this wonderful little spaniel and there's no getting away from it now. These are quite possibly the most loving and affectionate breed of dog alive today. Yes, I'm a big fan, but with good reason.
I have been fortunate enough to be able to share my daily life with these incredible dogs. I found my first Cavalier well over 16 years ago, when most people didn't know what breed they were—excluding England where they are very popular. After all, King Charles II royally named them after himself. In fact, they were often prescribed by physicians during that time as "lap warmers." Only blue bloods and royals were allowed to own them.
So, here are the top five reasons that this breed is so great.
They often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But most will agree that Cavaliers are beautiful.
- Their coats are soft and silky, much like velvet. They have hair but not so much that they need regular visits to the groomer.
- They are often called the wash 'n wear dogs—for good reason. A good sized sink or bathtub is all that is needed to clean them.
- Additionally, they don't have an oily coat so most people that are allergic to dogs will not have adverse reactions to this breed. This also ensures that they don't have that dreaded "dog smell" that many other breeds have a day or so after their bath. We call them clean dogs for a reason. T
- They are easily maintained and aren't overly fond of dirty things. But that being said they are still, at the end of the day, dogs.
Brains and beauty. Cavaliers have loads of both.
- They are extremely tuned in to their humans. As one of the cleverest breeds there is today, it is hard to not spoil them.
- They are so smart that they aren't afraid to use their good looks to get what they want. Just one look into those big brown soulful eyes and we melt. You'll find yourself asking what you can get for them. A treat, maybe? A belly rub? A nice walk? They have us figured out and can get us to jump through hoops with a slight tilt of the head and a blink of the eye.
- I'm not saying they are overachievers, because they aren't. This is one of their most endearing qualities. In fact, if you arrive home bushwhacked and tired, they aren't going to demand 50 rounds of ball toss. They will wag their tail non-stop and just want to snuggle, if that's okay with you.
When considering the various components of personality, we come to what we call temperament. There are many facets of the personality but the Cavalier has an overwhelmingly positive number of attributes. I'll describe a few of the more common ones. Please realize that this is not an exhaustive list and that each individual dog will respond to its environment as well.
- Sensitivity and understanding are highly developed traits in the cavalier. If you are sick in bed, they will be your constant companion. They are also often therapy dogs.
- Compassion for other creatures. I have seen them walk right on past some chickens foraging around—I don't think they would harm a flea. There have been rare occasions where I have found mice in their mouths, yet the mouse hasn't been harmed. Of course they weren't giving the mouse up easily either.
- They adapt their play to what or whomever they are interacting with. They are equally happy sitting with the children while they play with their toys, or hiking up a long winding trail in the mountains
- Their temperament truly allows them to be the perfect companion and lap warmer—which is what they do best.
It can make a bad situation good or visa-versa. With this breed however, their attitude is easy going and well mannered. This is why so many people take them with them almost everywhere they go, because they are so well behaved in public.what is google smart shopping where can i buy a shopping bag with wheels how to connect shopify to google shopping how do i create a shopping cart for my website when was broadmarsh shopping centre built how to find google shopping list how to know if a shopping website is fake how much money for back to school shopping where is stacey's new house write five sentences about why i like to go shopping how to use credit card in shopping mall what is shopping campaign how does the mantle a shopping centre know if your note isn't fake where to go shopping in england shopping in japan what to buy when does late night shopping anxiety when shopping for clothes how to make a shopping cart in asp net where is my google shopping tab what undergarments to wear for wedding dress shopping what credit score is needed to buy a house what will shopping be like in the future how to send alexa shopping list to phone which are the online shopping sites where can i watch house of gucci how to use alexa shopping list when we go shopping which item would you pack into a shopping bag first? how to go blue water shopping center when do you start wedding dress shopping how to avoid compulsive shopping when is late night shopping in sunderland how to check if a shopping website is legit what time does braehead shopping centre close what time does white rose shopping centre close how to send someone your shopping cart on shein